hanukka recipes and tablesettings, kosher chicken recipes, kosher salad recipes, rosh hashanah pasta, salads, and lunch ideas, sukkot and rosh hashanah recipes, Sukkot Recipes
A Chicken Milanese Recipe That Will Make You Feel Like You Went Out to A Kosher Restaurant
This is an easy, yet gourmet recipe to keep in your last minute quickie dinner arsenal. We are fortunate that here in Brooklyn, a quick early morning phone call to the local kosher butcher and fruit store, can yield us the necessary ingredients for this delicious dinner by 2 P.M. No matter what time you start this delicious dinner salad and chicken sauté, you will be done within the half hour. I hope you enjoy, because there are so many obligations that we tend to within our hectic days, meal time planning and cooking shouldn’t have to add to the stress. Please comment below and let me snow what you think!
adapted from Epicurious.com
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cuo whole wheat flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- oregano, salt , pepper
- 2 cups (packed) baby arugula leaves (about 2 ounces
- ripe jersey beef tomatoes of plum tomatoes cut in quarters
Ask butcher to cut chicken cutlets in half lengthwise sliced thin. Whisk eggs in medium bowl to blend. Mix panko, 2 tablespoons parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper on plate. Dip chicken in flour, then beaten eggs; turn to coat. Dredge in breadcrumb mixture, coating completely.
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and sauté until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plates; sprinkle with lemon juice. Marinate ripe tomatoes with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, rice vinegar, oregano in medium bowl to coat; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mound salad atop chicken and top with marinated tomatoes.