card game lunch, kosher rice and pasta recipes
Don’t miss a single recipe or gorgeous table setting idea!
Thank you Frieda Kassin for sharing your gorgeously displayed and gourmet card game with us! SO impressive!!! The wheat berry salad sounds like a winner! I can’t wait to try it! Marlene
The striped tablecloth was actually custom made. I used the lucite boxes as platters and the lids separately as platters…. Here are some recipes from my card game….”
Recipe for Wheat Berry Salad: (pictured below)
- Make wheat berry according to package but instead of water use use imagine vegetable stock.
- Roast 3 cups butternut squash on tray with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil.
- Toast 1 cup mixed nuts in pan with olive oil, when done remove from pan and in the same oil sauté 2 shallots or 1 red onion. When translucent add 2-3 cups fresh chopped kale but don’t let it get wilted
- In serving platter mix all ingredients together. Leave some of the freshly chopped kale and nuts to put on top. Serve at room temperature
- Make quinoa according to package using imagine vegetable stock instead of water
- Chop red onion and colored peppers very fine and add to quinoa once it’s cooled
- Chop in food processor sundried tomatoes with its oils, kalamata olives and green olives with their oils leaving it still chucky
- Add it to quinoa
- Chop some fresh oregano and add it
- Add salt, pepper and dried oregano
- Serve cold or room temperature