by Claudia Bildirici
My Mom made this marshmallow and nut recipe every single year on Passover. We all looked forward to this special Passover dessert. I look back now and wonder, why did she only made them on Passover?The truth is, you can really make these passover dessert treats all year round but this year, just like my mom, I waited till Passover 2011 to make them again!
PASSOVER INGREDIENTS :
- one bag chocolate chips
- 1 cap of oil
- two 5 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
Create this Kosher Recipe:
- toast pecans in a 350 oven for 10 min. Toasting will bring out the flavor. Watch closely they burn quickly
- In a microwave melt chocolate chips on high for 30 seconds Mix return for another 30 seconds
- do not try to melt the chip completely . they will melt when you mix the chocolate
- add a cap of oil to the chocolate and mix ( this will thin the chocolate)
- Cool a couple of min.
- add marshmallows and 1/4 cup of pecans
- mix till all combined and no whites of the marshmallow show
- now for the mess!!
- take one parchment paper and sprinkle with pecans.. top with 1/2 the mixture in a log shape. top with more pecans
- now roll the mixture in the parchment paper trying to tighten the mixture.
- repeat and chill till firm about 1-2 hours Remove paper slice into 1″ rounds and store in freezer. or should I say HIDE in the freezer?
Enjoy and happy holiday!