hanukka recipes and tablesettings, kosher appetizer recipes, kosher recipes, Passover Recipes, purim recipes, baskets, and decor, Tu Bishvat Recipes and Table Settings
Heirloom Tomato and Olive Tapenade Tartlets on Puff Pastry Squares
This is a perfect appetizer for your Purim Party, and remember to keep it in your files as a topping for a Matzo round for a delicious Passover lunch or dinner treat! Thanks so much to @born2shoplove2cook for submitting to @thejewishhostess via Instagram.
*A note on heirloom tomatoes:
The popularity of these old fashioned tomatoes has increased among hostesses in recent years due to their refreshing flavor, texture, and crazy colors, and also because of their historic origins. To be certified heirloom, these tomatoes have to be grown from seed that has produced the same variety of tomato for at least fifty years, and they must be certified organic by a recognized USDA organization.
Heirloom tomato seeds have been handed down from generations of tomato growers whose love of these tomatoes has been shared with their neighbors and communities. Their titles tell the tale of their origins and the farmers who have grown them. Varieties such as Cherokee Purple, Great White, Green Zebra, Nebraska Wedding, and Snow White Cherry are sweetly juicy served on in recipes like the one below, or just drizzled with olive oil and salt and pepper in a savory summery salad. I’m running out to buy my heirloom tomatoes NOW!
Heirloom Tomato and Olive Tapenade on Puff Pastry Dough
- Mazor Dough mini puff pastry squares
- 1/3 cup store bought olive tapenade
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or fontina cheese
- 8 heirloom cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 5 Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400
- 2. Remove mazor mini puff pastry squares from casing and use round cookie cutter for each square . ( if you prefer squares then leave them as they are ) about 16 rounds
- 3. Prick the pastry with fork
- 4. Place pastry rounds on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 5. Lay a piece of parchment paper over the pastry rounds.
- 6. Place another baking sheet directly on top of the parchment paper ( this will keep the rounds cute and flat)
- 7. Bake for 12 minutes.
- 8. Remove the top of the baking sheet and parchment paper.
- 9. Spread tsp. olive tapenade over each round.
- 10. Place about Tbsn. Cheese on top.
- 11. Place 2 pieces of heirloom tomato on the cheese.
- 12. Bake for 7 minutes.
- 13. Remove from pan and sprinkle chopped basil and salt and pepper
- 14. Enjoy!!!!