kosher dessert recipes, purim recipes, baskets, and decor
Homemade Sugary Cinnamon Churros for Heavenly Indulgence
Hearty Churros are the traditional Spanish dessert developed centuries ago by Spanish shepherds. Since fresh baked goods were impossible to come by high up in the mountainous countryside, these tummy filling cake-like, cylindrical, carb-filled snacks were created so that they could easily cook in a pan over an open fire.
In Spain, churros are still eaten as a mouthwatering breakfast, an all day snack, and dessert. Nowadays churros makers are filling their churros with chocolate, fruits, caramel, and oh so yummy dulce de leche…. Of course, the churros trend was too good to be hidden away as a Spanish secret treat!
As this easy to make delight quickly spread all around the world, Alexis Cohen, a premier baker in the Syrian Jewish community has sweetly shared her amazing recipe with us. Alexis was even chosen to bake Paris Hilton’s 30th birthday bash cake…..Check out Alexis’s website HERE.
Enjoy your churros today! Bikini season is so, so far away!!
p.s. Try making churros for your Purim mishloach manot. Add in a jar of Dulce de Leche and your Purim gift will be remembered for years to come!
Sugary Cinnamon Churros for Heavenly Indulgence
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar + 1tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- Veg oil for frying
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- In small saucepan: water,butter,1tbsp sugar, and the salt...bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Add flour and stir in. Put back on fire and mix till forms a ball...about a minute
- Transfer to kitchen aid bowl...let rest about 3 minutes...
- While dough resting start heating up about 2" veg oil in a large pot. Needs to get to 375*f
- Mix on med speed add egg mix till smooth and shiny. About 2 min
- Put dough in pastry bag fitted with a star tip and pipe straight into the oil.
- Needs about 2 minutes on each side
- Mix remaining sugar and cinnamon in bowl.
- When churros are ready,let drain on paper towel-lined tray for a minute and then roll them in cin/sugar mixture...and enjoy:)