Karen Tawil is one of the most creative and talented people I know. Years ago, Karen volunteered for a Sephardic Bikur Holim bake sale that we were working on. In one day, she ran down to the flower district and bought tons of bonsai plants, flowers, and all sorts of containers and ribbon, and created about 50 of the coolest Shabbat arrangements for sale. Needless to say, we were all sold out within hours, and it greatly helped us add to the profits and enjoyment of the day!
I must also add that Karen and her husband Neil own Bright Eyes, the BEST place to shop for designer sunglasses in the Tri-State area. Bright Eyes is Located at 508 Kings Hwy # 1, Brooklyn, NY 11223-1917
Call Karen or Neil for more info:(718) 382-8722
Thanks for sharing your breathtaking holiday table settings with us, Karen! You make it look so easy!!!
p.s. To all of my Jewish Hostesses! keep sending in your holiday photos to marlene(AT)thejewishhostess.com! use the @!!
I love the reaction of my guests when they come into our home and they get excited with all they see. I feel like the table setting makes the meal memorable even if its a meal as simple as bbq. For shavuot lunch it was just the four of us. I used a woven leather placemat from Pottery Barn with a silver charger ,the dishes are limoge and the flatware is lucite. I used stargazer and blue hydrangeas…….
For dinner table decor, I used a silver liner with a shimmer white overlay. Everything else was simple. As it was the holiday of Shavuot, I just wanted it to be about the flowers. I put six vases across the table filled with roses, lisianthus,philanopsis,calla lillies and peonies. In front of each place setting, I put a single orchid in medicine tubes. The napkin rings were made out of silver leather from the fabric store sealed with a hot glue gun. Simple and elegant!!! Karen Tawil”
- Mother’s Day Breakfast by Ruthie Tawil (thejewishhostess.com)
- How To Dress Up Your Shavuot Table With Your Own Unique Style (thejewishhostess.com)
- Shavuot Table Decor by the Sea – Emile and Linda Haddad (thejewishhostess.com)
- Holiday Nautical Low-Key Glamour by the Shore (thejewishhostess.com)
- Making Knaffe Shredded Wheat Dairy Dessert With Grandma Abadi (thejewishhostess.com)
- Allison’s Breathtaking Seder Table (thejewishhostess.com)
- Need Help with Shavuot Cooking? Call These Top Kosher Bakers and Cooks! (thejewishhostess.com)