kosher chicken recipes, kosher main dish recipes, kosher meat recipes, Passover Recipes, rosh hashanah and sukkot recipes, rosh hashanah chicken recipes, shabbat recipes
Israeli Grilled Juicy Pargiot Chicken Under A Brick
This recipe is courtesy of @FrancineSuttonAronowitz
Pargiot chicken is an Israeli term for a young chicken, or a boneless chicken thigh. In this recipe, Francine Sutton Aronowitz make sure to pack all the flavors of her juicy chicken Pargiot by sealing it under a weighty foil wrapped brick. If you would rather not have the tin foil mingle with your chicken as it cooks, you can always place a heavy cast iron skillet atop your chicken and then layer your brick on top. Thanks- Francine!!!
- Chicken pieces
- Olive Oil
- Your Favorite Spices
- 2 Bricks
- Pour some olive oil into a bowl and sprinkle your favorite spices (I use garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, blk pepper, turmeric, cumin, and paprika).
- Mix all spices with the oil to form a paste-like substance
- Place your chicken pieces in it, making sure to smother them completely
- Allow chicken to marinate in fridge for a minimum of 3 hours-overnight
- Take 2 large bricks and cover them with heavy foil paper
- Heat up your griddle and spray with Pam
- Place chicken pieces on griddle and place bricks on top to cover chicken pieces for 4 minutes
- Carefully remove bricks and set aside while you flip chicken pieces
- Place bricks back on for another 4 min
- Remove chicken and put in a tray or Pyrex and cover immediately with foil to seal in the juices
- The bricks flattens the chicken pieces allowing them to cook more evenly and keeps all the juices in. Enjoy!!