hanukka recipes and tablesettings, kosher recipes, mothers day recipes, purim recipes, baskets, and decor, shavuot recipes and ideas, sukkot and rosh hashanah recipes
Marinated Lentil Salad with Cubed Apple and Sliced Fennel
Don’t miss a single recipe or gorgeous table setting idea!
Click and Subscribe Now for weekly free recipes to your inbox!
Here is my take on La Petite Maison’s famous Lentil salad. It is delicious!!
Thank you so much! “
Marinated Lentil Salad with Apple and Fennel
- 3 cloves of garlic, cut into quarters.
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 cups dry lentils or 1 can of prepared lentils
- 1 red apple
- 1 fennel bulb
- 4 cups water
- salt & pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add the washed lentils and a little salt, bring the heat down so the water is simmering. Cover the pot. Cook lentils till tender - about 30-40 minutes.
- When ready take the saucepan off the heat and leave with the lid on for about 5-10 minutes in order for the lentils to absorb the water.
- While waiting for the lentils to cook, chop the red apple and slice the fennel very fine.
- Squeeze some lemon juice on top to keep the apple looking fresh.
- Heat a large saucepan with a half of the olive oil and add the garlic, saute for about 3 minutes until golden. Add the lentils and mix.
- When the lentils have cooled, add the apple and fennel, the remaining olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper and mix. Garnish with chopped parsley.