kosher recipes, shavuot recipes and ideas
Spinach Mushroom Wonton Cups with Lemon Garnish
Thank you Julia Tambor for sharing this vegetarian Shavuot recipe. Though Shavuot typically calls for mostly dairy dishes, many guests nowadays will appreciate a light appetizer the will help fill up their plate. Enjoy!
Check out Julia’s blog www.beautyandsomebeef.com.
Spinach Mushroom Wonton Cups with Lemon Granish
- 2 large portobello mushroom
- 5 cremini mushrooms or any other mushroom that you like
- 5 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- Preheat your oven to 400
- Grease a muffin tin and fill each space with a wonton wrapper
- Dice the spinach, jalapeno and mushrooms into small pieces and sauté in a large saucepan with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sesame seeds.
- Pour the lemon juice into the saucepan with the vegetables.
- Put the wonton wrappers in the oven for 10 minutes then spoon the vegetable mixture into the cups.
- Grate the lemon peel, garnish and serve.