hanukka recipes and tablesettings, kosher recipes, kosher salad recipes, mothers day recipes, purim recipes, baskets, and decor, rosh hashanah pasta, salads, and lunch ideas, shavuot recipes and ideas, sukkot and rosh hashanah recipes, Tu Bishvat Recipes and Table Settings
Adapted from Robin Jemal’s holiday recipe kosher cookbook Dare To Be Different ,
this dairy goat cheese salad with its citrusy dressing will be a major hit with your family and guests.
The toasted sliced almonds and Panko coated goat cheese adds a nice dose of topping crunch that, just for a moment brings back the good old days of CARVEL chocolate crunch…. BUT getting back to reality, lets all accept the fact that if we were born before 1980- the Carvel topping days are not on the menu anymore, and now we might have to add that daily dose of crunch with a salad that has a sidekick of sweet roasted butternut squash and toasted almonds, and a citrusy dressing to top it all off. Recipes like these make it fun to be a grownup!
Panko Goat Cheese Slices with Roasted Butternut Squash and Toasted Almonds atop Arugula
- 2 logs of cold goat cheese,
- 3 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup panko crumbs mixed with salt and pepper
- 1 bunch of beets, boiled and cubed
- 2 cups of sweet potato or butternut squash cubed, mixed with olive oil and salt and roasted till edges are brown.
- 1 cup toasted almonds or pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts/optional
- 1 bag mesclun lettuce, or baby arugula
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Slice goat cheese with a sharp knife into rounds and dip into beaten egg and then into seasoned Panko crumbs.
- Place on a sprayed baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees till toasty.
- Place beets, roasted cubed sweet potato or butternut squash atop greens.
- Add toasty goat cheese on top.
- Whip dressing ingredients in Cuisinart with sharp blade.
- Pour over salad.
- Top with toasted walnuts, almonds and/or pumpkin seeds.