With just 80 calories per cup and virtually no fat, tons of vitamin C, great antioxidant power, blueberries,washed well, should be in your diet.
I discovered this healthy blueberry muffin recipe years ago and I love it because you don’t even need a mixer. It’s low in sugar and you can literally whip it up with a fork in minutes. Bake them this Sunday morning!
Enjoy the rest of the summer!
Easy and Healthy Blueberry Yogurt Muffins:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 8 oz container of vanilla yogurt (for less sugar use plain)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- sugar to sprinkle on top
- Combine dry ingredients with a fork and make a well in the center.
- Add wet ingredients in the center and stir until moist.
- Fold in blueberries and stir just until combined.
- Spoon into muffin pans that have been sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes.
Remove immediately. Enjoy.