Enjoy another great Passover recipe from my mother in law Shirley Mamiye. Though there are hundreds of Passover dessert recipes out there, its not always that you get a good one- especially a low fat Passover recipe, so- think of me on Passover, when you sit down with a good cup of coffee snuggled up on the couch with your favorite book and a creamy slice of this passover cheesecake, because I will probably be somewhere not too far away, doing exactly the same thing! Marlene.
p.s. You can also pour this recipe into mini cheesecake teflon pans and bake for about 15 minutes less.
Kosher Passover Cheesecake Recipe:
- 4 egg whites
- 2 packages low fat Passover cream cheese
- 1 pint low fat Passover sour cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher for Passover vanilla sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 box macaroons, coconut or chocolate flavor
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- vegetable spray
- Beat egg white till stiff.
Directions for this Passover Recipe:
- Blend sugar, cream cheese, sour cream.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla sugar.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Spray bottom of 9 inch pan.
- Line bottom with smashed macaroons.
- Pour in cream cheese mix
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes in preheated 350 degree oven.
- Turn oven off.
- Let cake rest in oven 1 hour.
- When cool, refrigerate.
- Add sliced strawberries, and/or blueberries on top.