I made a great grilled ribbon summer squash salad this weekend!
- 6-8 yellow and green summer squash.
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 c olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- Optional-shaved parmesean and toasted pine nuts
- Rinse squash and cut off ends then thinly slice into ribbons lengthwise with a mandolin or vegetable peeler .
- Toss with 1/3 of the olive oil and and lightly grill on one side 1-2 mins until it has nice grill marks and is a little wilted
- Put on a plate or tray to cool, when slightly cooled toss with all remaining ingredients except pine nuts and parmesan and sprinkle those over top .