Thank you Ariella for taking the time out to send in your gourmet summer recipes! We can’t wait to try them all and dig in!
Check out another one of Ariella’s gourmet quinoa salad recipes (spinach, avocado, chick pea, and cherry tomato) HERE.
This past week my in laws and I hosted Esther Hidary’s weekly shiur. We had around 40 girls and made the following:
- Quinoa with corn, red peppers, onion and olives.
- Cheese, tomato and basil platter
- Zaata squares
- Marinated tempeh- 5 grain soy tempeh marinated in Wegman brand Orange Teriyaki and grilled 2-3 minutes each side.
- Zaata Bread- Mix 1 cup ketchup with Zaata to your liking. Put on top of 100 calorie wrap or thin pizza crust. Bake at 350 for 5-7 minutes.
- Spinach wontons with dipping sauce (recipe from the very talented Lorraine Gindi)- sauté 1 box fresh spinach with 1/2 onion. Drain!! Mix with ricotta cheese and 1 egg. Make sure it’s not too watery. Add salt. Put in the center of wonton dough and fold into a triangle. Flute the ends if you would like. Spray with Pam and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Serve with dipping sauce: mix 1 cup Greek yogurt with shredded cucumber and garlic.
- Rice paper rolls with peanut sauce- can find in ethnic section in Wegmans supermarket. Marinate 1 brick of tofu in soy sauce for 30 minutes. Slice avocado and jicama. Place rice paper in plate of hot water for 10 seconds. Remove. In the center of the paper, place slices of tofu,avocado, jicama and spinach. Wrap like an egg roll. Make sure to keep covered so doesn’t dry out. Serve with peanut sauce (bought mine from Wegmans).
- Spinach and arugula salad- roast beets. Slice and place over lettuce. Cut goat cheese into balls and roll in crushed walnuts.