Please “LIKE” this post!!!!
I have to admit that since the inception of The Jewish Hostess, my Shabbat and holiday tables have slowly evolved become much more creative. Why? Because of all of YOU- my Jewish Hostess readers. By sending in your own Summery Shabbat and holiday pics, and by telling me how inspired you have become from each other, I’ve brought out the kid in me and made my own arts and crafts napkin ring project.
For about a dollar a piece you can twist and glue these pretty floral napkin rings, and when you get tired of them you can head back out to the craft store and make a brand new bunch! I made about 24 napkin rings for this past Shabbat. They were so pretty on the table if I do say so myself.
Enjoy my Cheap and Chic napkin rings, and send me pics if you decide to make your own homemade version!
1-For a cheap base for your napkin rings buy this rustic wire available HEREin several colors.
2- Cut a 12 inch piece of wire at twist about three times to make a thick base to glue stuff onto your your napkin ring.
All of these “vase fillers” are perfect add-ons for your brand new instant napkin rings.
I think I bought the entire Pottery Barn out of their vase fillers. The sales lady must have thought that I was nuts, cause when I like something I can get a little compulsive, and I’m sure that at the end of the day I could have bought a brand new set of Kim Seybert napkin rings for about the same price! (not really- but I’m scared to see my Amex bill this month! Don’t be like me and buy out the whole store! Only buy what you need!!!)
CLICK HERE to buy this nice green moss, which makes a nice base for your shells and artificial hydrangeas.
4- If you live near New York City, go to the flower market and you can find tons of artificial flowers. Click HERE for more Info, but basically its on 28 Street between 6 and 7 Avenue, or you can Google and find a site like THIS for artificial flowers. Beware- not all artificial flowers are the same quality!!!
5- Start glueing! I like these twig potpourri branch items from Pottery Barn- they make a great base for the rest of your creation.
6- Keep glueing!
6- They don’t all have to look alike!
8- All done!
9- Peel off dried up glue from your fingers….
10- NOW GO GET A MANICURE!!!!!
Don’t miss a single great table setting!!! SUBSCRIBE HERE for a weekly update!!
- Mother of Pearl and Coral Themed Shabbat Table Setting (thejewishhostess.com)
- Announcing a Summery Shabbat Table Contest! (thejewishhostess.com)
- Two Glamourous Shabbat Table Settings from Brooklyn, N.Y. (thejewishhostess.com)
- Table Setting Showcase Event: An Ocean Blue Shabbat Table by Eva Ben Dayan (thejewishhostess.com)
- A Summery Shabbat Shalom from Linda and Emile Haddad (thejewishhostess.com)
- Turquoise On Your Table (thejewishhostess.com)
- My Summery Lavender and Blues Shabbat Table (thejewishhostess.com)
- How to Make Summery Napkin Rings- Cheap and Chic! (thejewishhostess.com)