kosher chicken recipes, kosher passover recipes,seder table Ideas, kosher recipes, Passover Recipes, rosh hashanah chicken recipes
Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken
I am honored to present this fabulous holiday chicken recipe from Kim Kushner’s brand new kosher cookbook, The Modern Menu. Chock full of gorgeous color photos and easy directions, Kim’s innovative recipes are the ones that you will keep making over and over again. Kim began her studies at the prestigious Institute of Culinary Education in Manhattan, where she excelled in their Professional Culinary Program. The Modern Menu, 5 years in the making, is a culmination of her very own delicious, easy, and modern recipes. Its a perfect hostess gift for the holidays. Every Jewish Hostess should make sure to have a copy of their own in their kitchen!
Lemon Garlic Roast Chicken for Passover or Jon’s Roast Chicken
by Kim Kushner
“This dish, a weekly staple in my house and my husband Jon’s favorite, is a perfect example of how a few top-quality ingredients are all you need to make a fabulous meal.Cooking this chicken on a vertical chicken roaster stand (available online) allows you to roast a whole chicken in an upright position. The result is unfailingly moist and juicy chicken. In a pinch, you can use an empty soda can! The chicken tastes best the day it is roasted.”
Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken for Passover
- 1 (3-to 4-pound) roaster chicken
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 10 fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Rinse the chicken under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Generously season the chicken inside and out with salt and pepper. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into the chicken’s cavity and then stuff what’s left of it into the cavity. Squeeze the juice of the remaining lemon all over the outside of the chicken and throw the halves into the pan.
- Cut a ¼-inch slice off the top of the garlic bulb and discard the top. The garlic cloves should be peeking out of the top. Place the bulb on a piece of aluminum foil, drizzle the oil over the top, and wrap tightly.
- Stuff the garlic into the chicken cavity followed by
- 4 thyme sprigs.
- Insert the roaster stand into the chicken cavity, pushing it in as far as it will go. Stand the chicken in a roasting pan and place the remaining thyme sprigs over the chicken. Roast for 1 hour. Reduce the temperature to 325°F and roast for an additional 20 minutes, until cooked through to the bone and the juices run clear at the thickest part of the breast. Let cool slightly.
- Carefully remove the lemon and wrapped garlic from the chicken cavity. Discard the thyme sprigs. Squeeze any juice from the cooked lemons over the chicken, then discard. Unwrap the garlic and squeeze the softened cloves over the chicken. Cut the chicken into eight pieces and serve warm. Alternatively, let it come to room temperature before serving.