Even though most people I know are obsessed with their Rosh Hashanah menus, weeknight dinners still need to get onto the table.
Here’s a great pasta recipe that’s tasty for a dairy weeknight with some grilled salmon, OR if you really can’t help yourself, then chalk this up on your dairy holiday lunch menu for Rosh Hashanah or Sukkot!
Thank you Michelle Safdieh for emailing me this fabulous pasta dish!
p.s. Please send all of your best recipes to email@example.com.
(P.S. WHEN IS ROSH HASHANAH 2011????- In case you need a reminder:)
|Eve of First day Rosh Hashana|
|Wednesday, September 28, 2011||Light Candles at: 6:26 pm 1|
|Eve of Second day Rosh Hashana|
|Thursday, September 29, 2011||Light Candles after: 7:23 pm 1|
|Friday, September 30, 2011||Light Candles at: 6:23 pm 1|
|Shabbat, October 1, 2011||Shabbat Ends: 7:20 pm 1|
Linguine with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Olives & Lemon by Giada
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil drained
- 1 cup med green olives, pittted
- 1 packed cup fresh basil leaves, washed and dried well
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup grated parmesean cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring linguine to boil in salted water 8 -10 min
- Drain and reserve 1 Cup water
- In food processor, combine sun-dried tomatoes, olives, basil, garlic, oil, lemon zest & juice.
- Pulse until blended but still chunky.
- Add the parmesan cheese to the pasta and toss well. Pour tomato mixture on top
- and toss till pasta is coated.
- Season w/ salt and pepper.
- Can add pasta water if needed.
adapted from Giada De Laurentis – Food Network
- Italian Plum Torte – A New Rosh Hashanah Fruity Dessert (thejewishhostess.com)
- Rosh Hashanah Pomegranate Sangria (thejewishhostess.com)
- Rosh Hashanah Ground Lamb on a Cinnamon Stick by Debbie Gindi (thejewishhostess.com)
- Grilled Lamb Chops with Sun Dried Tomato Paste (thejewishhostess.com)