I recently tried a new salad dressing from the new SBH Cooking for a Cause cookbook and it was too good not to share with all of my Jewish Hostesses. Its light and sophisticated, yet very kid friendly. It’s much easier for me to whip up large quantities of salad dressings in a Cuisinart than mixing in a bowl. I doubled the amount of ingredients called for in the original recipe, and stored it in a jar in the fridge. Perfect on top of any type of salad! Use it all week- this past Shabbat I drizzled it on top of sliced grilled chicken salad with olives and radichio. Yum! Enjoy! Marlene
Monday Night Light ‘n Lemony Dijon Mustard Salad Dressing:
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- While Cuisinart blade is running, drop the 2 shallots in to be minced.
- Pour in all other ingredients except for olive oil.
- While blade is spinning slowly add olive oil to make sure the dressing is emulsified.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Store in a jar and use throughout the week!
- Salmon with Crushed Pistachios and Grated Lemon Peel (thejewishhostess.com)
- Lisa’s Endive, Green Apple, and Pistachio Salad (thejewishhostess.com)