If you are lucky enough to get a hold of this brand new gourmet kosher cookbook, then dont just buy one, buy at least 4!!! One for your mother, sister, best friend, daughters…. Here’s why:
- Its a beautifully designed spiral bound 2 1/2 inch thick cookbook.
- Its compact and kitchen friendly.
- The profits go to a great cause- the Sephardic Bikur Holim Food Pantry.
- You will get a head start on your Rosh Hashanah gifts.
- Its truly a labor of love by the Syrian Jewish community’s TOP CHEFS!! All of the secret recipes that you’ve been dying to get your hand on, are all HERE!!!!
- Cost: $36. – call 732-531-1117 for purchase information or email Renna at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recipe for Chicken Lettuce Wraps from “Cooking for a Cause” Gourmet Kosher Cookbook
- 2 large chicken breasts (boned, skinned & diced)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 3 stalks celery (chopped)
- 3 carrots (chopped)
- parsley (for garnish)
- ½ can bean sprouts (drained)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tbs. hoisun sauce
- 1 tbs. apricot preserves
- 3 tbs. soy sauce
- 3 tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- lettuce leaves for cups (either Boston, butter or romaine)
1. In sauté pan over high heat, add oil, sauté garlic for a minute.
2. Add chicken, celery, peppers, carrots and bean sprouts. Sauté until chicken is cooked.
3. When chicken is cooked, add the remaining ingredients for the sauce.
4. Cook over medium heat for 2 more minutes.
5. Spoon chicken mixture into lettuce cups and serve.
- Lentil and Walnut Salad (thejewishhostess.com)
- Sea Bass Papillote by Albert Bijou of Down to Earth Restaurant (thejewishhostess.com)
- Portobello Pizza Recipe From “Once Around The Pot” The New Gourmet Cookbook from Congregation Kol Israel (thejewishhostess.com)