healthy body, kosher appetizer recipes, kosher main dish recipes, kosher passover recipes,seder table Ideas, kosher vegetable recipes, mothers day recipes, Passover Recipes
Pizza recipe trends are constantly evolving, and this carb-free, low-fat Passover version from Emanuelle Lee of London is one that you will want to whip up all year round. If you are a Passover hostess that is trying to escape the post holiday waistline bulge, then this recipe is for you!
Check out Emanuelle’s blog at www.manusmenu.blogspot.com.
Carb-less #Passover Pizza
For the crust:
- 1 Cauliflower cut into small pieces (or equivalent amount pre-cut)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp grated cheese (preferably mozzarella)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Polenta mixture
For the sauce
- 1 clove of garlic (chopped)
- 1 can cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 2 Tsp sugar
- 1/2 chilli flakes
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Low fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F.
- Blend the cauliflower in a food processor until it has become a grainy paste. Pour into a mixing bowl and mix in the garlic paste, olive oil, egg and grated cheese. Mix all the ingredients together. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cover a flat baking tray with parchment paper. Grease the paper with a little bit of olive oil. Sprinkle a pinch of polenta mixture on to the tray.
- Take about 3 heaps of cauliflower and flatten it out onto the tray with a spatula into the pizza shape of your choice.
- You should have enough 'dough' left over for 1 another medium sized pizza. Repeat sequence with the rest of the dough.
- Bake for 20-25 or until golden. With a large spatula, carefully turn the pizza crust over and bake the other side for 10 minutes.
- (You may put the crusts under the broiler for a few minutes to make them extra crispy but make sure they don't burn!)
- While the crusts are baking, make the sauce. In a pan, heat up a tablespoon of olive oil, add the chopped garlic, sauté until softened a little and add the can of tomatoes. Smash the pieces of tomato so the sauce is a little smoother. Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Once the pizza 'dough' is golden and hard, smooth a large amount of the sauce on top and leave about a half inch space around the outside to make the crust. Top with (low fat) fresh mozzarella cheese and top with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add your favourite toppings. Bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle some basil leaves for decoration and enjoy! (guilt-free!)