This is a fancy dish for Shabbat that was such a hit with our readers that we decided to repost it:
Combine the following ingredients in a mixing bowl:
- 4 Rock Cornish Game Hens cut in half and dried with a paper towel
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 jar of duck sauce
- 1/4 cup spicy mustard
- 6 cloves chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 big squirts of honey
- these amounts can be varied according to your tastes.
- Place all Cornish hen pieces in a roaster that is sprayed with Pam.
- Mix all sauce ingredients and pour over Cornish hens- for better flavor- RUB sauce onto chicken(I use kitchen gloves).
- Roast uncovered for 50 minutes- 1 hour 350- 375 degrees till golden brown and carmelized.
Sprinkle chopped parsley on top and serve with a fruited rice on the side.
You can also use chicken cut in eight pieces for this recipe.