kosher dessert recipes, parties
Check out these gorgeous kosher dessert bars designed by the famous NYC entertaining diva Amy Atlas.
Thank you Amy for sharing your sweet kosher dessert design tips with Jewish Hostesses all over the globe!
A note to all our readers- Amy designs kosher dessert bars for all occasions including brit milahs, bar and bat mitzvahs, bridal showers, weddings, and any other happy occasion that you can dream up!
Amy’s tips for designing your own Kosher Dessert bar:
- Take something that inspires you and create your dessert table around it. The design can be inspired from something as personal as a family heirloom to as simple as the pattern on the host’s invitation. Let the dessert table tell a story about the event so that the dessert not only becomes functional, but becomes part of the event design.
- Create a beautiful backdrop for your dessert table. Décor elements complete the look of a dessert table and a fabulous backdrop is the perfect way to incorporate artistry to the table.
- Pick beautiful linens and unique vessels to dress up your kosher dessert table. Since your sweets will be the star of your dessert table, the linens and vessels should have a coordinated, tailored look.
- Always sample your dessert vendors before using them for your event. A beautiful cake is not always the best tasting cake! The key is to find the right balance. Pick kosher desserts that not only look good together, but provide a balance for your guests’ palate.
- Incorporate some type of signage to dress up the dessert table. This will show your guests how personal your kosher dessert table is. You can have your stationer create personalized tags for you.
- Provide goody bags for your guests as take-home desserts. It is always a treat to give your guests something to take home to remind them of how sweet the day was.
Amy’s favorite shops/online destinations for supplies:
“I love Michaels, Kate’s Paperie, and Lee’s Art Shop for supplies,
Crate and Barrel (www.crateandbarrel.com) is great for platters and vases.”
One of Amy’s favorite Kosher Dessert Recipes (something easy/fun to make): –
Chocolate chip peanut butter cookies or bars – I’m a huge chocolate peanut butter lover!
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
In a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, confectioners’ sugar, peanut butter and melted butter. Press firmly into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring occasionally. Spread melted chocolate over the crumb crust. Chill for about 5 minutes, then cut into bars before the chocolate is completely set, then chill until ready to serve.
Amy Atlas is a coveted entertaining expert, baking and crafting stylist, and is internationally recognized for creating the stylized dessert bar trend. Amy’s work has appeared multiple times in InStyle Magazine, Parents Magazine, Better Homes & Gardens, The New York Times, Every Day with Rachael Ray, The Los Angeles Times, Food and Wine Magazine, Life & Style, Gotham, New York Magazine, Martha Stewart Weddings, Brides, and many more. Her work has appeared on thousands of top US and international entertaining and lifestyle blogs.