Don’t miss a single easy gourmet recipe or gorgeous table setting idea!
CLICK and Sign up for our free newsletter!
Be in the know with our fresh recipes, elegant table settings, chic click-to gifts, holiday e-cards, fitness fashion tips, kids crafts, discounts to our favorite shops, and so much more!
Thank you Ellin for this nice chicken recipe! I love this for Tu Bishvat as it has lot’s of delicious fruits to flavor the chicken! Tu Bishvat fruits are traditionally from the land of Israel- mainly grapes, figs, pomegranates, olives and dates. Tu Bishvat this year starts on Friday evening January 25, and continues till Saturday January 26 at sundown.
Perhaps we can even adapt some new Tu Bishvat fruits for this recipe!
Take the Tu Bishvat Chicken challenge!
Anyone have good ideas to convert this into a Tu Bishvat chicken recipe? Comment below!
Chicken with Dried Fruit adapted from Chef Confidential
by Ellin Orlinsky
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 head garlic peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tbs dried oregano
- 2 tbs dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 chickens cut into 1/8ths
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Put chciken in a large baking dish. Pour fruit mixture over chicken. Cover and marinate in fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350. bake 1 hour the remove dried fruit from the pan reserving fruit. return chicken to oven for another 1/2 hour. discard bay leaves. season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To plate: Spoon pan juices over chicken with cooked fruit. ( I put all the fruit back on when reheating the chicken). Enjoy!