Dear Jewish Hostesses,
Which marshmallow recipe would YOU whip up? You can choose all three! (If its a tie, Shirley C. Mamiye from HOMEBAKED will cast her vote) Comment below or on our FACEBOOK PAGE! All voters win a chance at a JEWISH HOSTESS APRON!
Marshmallow Mania : Kosher Recipe #1:
Ooey, Gooey n Crispy Nutty Marshmallow Bars (Recipe #1)
“I have this outrageous recipe for an ooey, gooey n crispy marshmallow bar! They’re so good I have to double the recipe because we finish it before it hits the dessert table!! Enjoy!!” Debbie Gindi
- 6 cups chocolate rice cereal(such as cocoa pebbles or cocoa krispies)
- 1 c raw unsalted peanuts
- 4 c mini marshmallows
- 1 cup corn syrup(light or dark)
- 1- 12 oz bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c peanut butter
Optional:(additional 1/2 c mini chocolate chips)
- Grease a 13 x9inch pyrex.
- Combine cereal,peanuts and mini marshmallows (and additional 1/2 cup chocolate chips if desired)in large bowl. Set aside
- In a medium saucepan ,heat corn syrup and 12 oz bag chocolate chips over medium heat until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Combine cereal mixture and mix well. Spoon into greased pan and pat down wearing disposable plastic gloves or with a piece of plastic wrap to avoid sticky fingers. Chill for at least 1 hour and cut into squares. Yummy !!!
Chocolate Marshmallow Squares (Kosher Recipe #2)
“I got this recipe from my sister Barbara, who got the recipie from a baker who made them for a bake sale.
They are a hit every time we make them! good luck with Marshmallow Mania!” Renna Bildirici
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 3/4 c oil
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 and 3/4 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 graham crackers
- 1 bag mini marshmallows, or 1 bag large marshmallows cut in half
- 2 or 3 and 1/2 oz parve chocolate bars
- mix oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla. add baking powder, flour, and salt. crush graham crackers and add to mixture.
- spray 9″x13″ pyrex. add 3/4 of the dough pressed flat to cover the bottom of the pyrex. bake 12 minutes.
- sprinkle with broken chocolate pieces, then marshmallows, then with the rest of the dough crumbled on top. bake for 12 minutes more. cool, cut into small squares or bars and serve.
Marshmallow Baked Alaska (Kosher Recipe #3)
“Easy and Gourmet! ” by Marie Torgueman
- Line sides and bottom of Pyrex with chocolate chip cookies.
- Fill Pyrex with softened ice cream flavor of your choice.
- Sprinkle and cover with mini marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Freeze to harden the ice cream.
- Before serving place in oven and broil a few minutes until marshmallows are toasted but not burnt.
- Serve immediately and watch it disappear!
Thank You Debbie Gindi, Renna Bildirici and Marie Tourgeman for sending in their fabulous tried and true marsmallow dessert recipes.
Comment below and let us know which Marshmallow recipe you would love to make! All commenters win a chance at a Jewish Hostess Apron!
Related Kosher Recipe articles
- Healthy Shabbat Blueberry Crumble (thejewishhostess.com)
- Easy Hot Chocolate From Scratch. Four Recipes. You Choose! (thejewishhostess.com)
- S’mores Brownie Bites for Thanksgiving (or Hanuka!) (thejewishhostess.com)