This granita recipe is so simple and refreshing.
Typically you would use a sugar syrup with fruit, but this is simply fruit.
- Juice a few grapefruits or oranges
- Pour into a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish; cover with plastic.
- Freeze until mixture begins to set, about 30 minutes. Scrape icy particles from sides, stir with a fork, and return to freezer.
- Repeat scraping and stirring every 30 minutes until mixture is frozen with a grainy texture, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- You can add a kick to the granita with a splash of your favorite liqueur. I happened to have pineapple vodka and it was great. experiment with what ever you have.
- Garnish with fresh mint.
By: Nina Cohen