Having company and no time to cook or bake like a gourmet for Shavuot?
In my book, being a Jewish Hostess means getting delicious and kosher gourmet food on the table even if you didn’t have time or energy to cook or bake it yourself. The real reason for your beautiful table is to get the family and friends together for Jewish Holidays and family occasions, not to collapse on the couch after everyone leaves.
This Mother’s Day and Shavuot don’t be a slave in the kitchen.
If you live in the New York area, then you are in luck. I’ve chosen some of the best kosher cooks in the neighborhood that you can call for excellent appetizers, dishes, and desserts. All of the talented women on this list are widely known in the Jewish community for their culinary skills.
Please inquire individually about hashgacha.
Relax and Enjoy! Marlene
Keep checking back as this list is growing daily! add your name to the list! email email@example.com!
1. Lisa Grazi is famous for her cheesy spinach tarts, kelsonnes, cheese semboosak, and mini pizzas. This dairy list of delicacies is perfect for Shavuot! Packaged by the dozen. Buy fresh frozen, and you cook it fresh.
Lisa’s utensils are dairy and dipped.
Call her at (718) 986-3810.
2. Terry Esses has been baking the most delicious healthy whole wheat and spelt lowfat muffins in New York. Flavors include: banana chocolate chip, banana walnut, bran chip, bran nut and raisin, carrot nut raisin, zuchinni nut and cranberry, and corn. (WOW!)
Her utensils are pareve and dipped. For more info please call Terry at (917) 301- 0006.
3. Mary Sutton and Teri Blanco make the most delicious home made Syrian Twisted Cheese in town. You can order plain twisted cheese, zaatar flavor or with olives.
Cholov Yisroel cheese available upon request.
call Mary-(917) 902-6595 or Teri (732) 996- 3690
4- Known as the Granola Gal, Esther Sabbagh’s batches of healthy granola are gobbled up by kids and adults 24/7. Ingredients are: Pure maple syrup, whole grain rolled oats, canola oil, hard red whole wheat flour, almonds, pure vanilla extract, and cinnamon. (Yum!) call Esther at (646) 236-3983.
5- Eat Gracefully with Grace Benun
- Parve lachmagene on whole wheat dough 1 dz.- 20$
- Parve lachmagene on large Ezekial tortillas 6pc- 20$ tehine – 8$
- Chummus- 8$
- Parve yebrah a piece -$1.50
- Parve specha a piece -$2.00
6- Jane Choueka- Click here to email Jane for her delicious:
- Syrian string cheese
- cheesy olive balls (which are a semboosak dough made w/cheddar cheese stuffed with an olive)
- caak dough – just defrost, roll & bake fresh ca-ak!
- Delicious Homemade Stringcheese – plain, olive & zatar. Only $8 Each delivered to your home.
Perfect for all your Shavuot dairy meals! Chalav Yisrael, utensils are dipped .Call Jane at 917-647-1620
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
7- Esther Chabot’s specialty is mazza.- fried kibbe, meat lahamagine, samboosak, enwarat, empanadas, knishes, chicken nuggets, filla meat triangles, bastelle with meat, and more. She is famous for her crunchy cauliflower and pickled peppers, turnips,celery, carrots, and her mix of pickles. Tehine ,bazergan, and taboule salad also top her list. All orders are freshly made to your customizations! Click HERE to email Esther.
8- Fresh Challah by Frieda and Shelly! $6 each.! Everything spice, plain, sesame, zata, whole wheat, challah rolls, breakaways and our famous sticky buns! (732) 485- 7931. free delivery in Deal, New Jersey
9- Delicious dairy, chalav yisroel, or pareve DIPPED Shavuot “Soph’s Famous CheeseQuakes” by Sophia Betesh
Guaranteed to ROCK your world!
Caramel, Chocolate, or Fruit on Top,
– 8 inch and 10 inches available. (917)620-9869
add your name to the list!