I always wished I could whip up a good focaccia recipe in time for the family dinner, but somehow I would get discouraged by the endless time and energy needed to get it right. Now all you have to do is run in to your favorite pizza store to get a batch of dough and you are halfway there. This recipe does the trick for a busy Jewish mom. Enjoy!
- Buy fresh dough at your local pizza store or buy the frozen kosher brand at the supermarket.
- On a floured surface, roll out 1 pound refrigerated pizza dough into a 10-by-15-inch rectangle;
- Press into an oiled rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary and/or oregano, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes and a big pinch of sea salt.
- Brush half of the herb oil over the dough, then set aside until puffy, about 1 hour.
- Make dimples in the dough with your fingers and top with thin onion slices and shaved parmesan.
- Bake at 400 until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Brush with the remaining herb oil.