Thank you Raquel Franco for sharing your delicious gourmet kosher fish dinner recipe with us!
“This recipe with wasabi is delicious ‘n not too spicy.
Perfect change for an end of summer dinner!”
by Raquel Franco
For Wasabi Crusted Fish:
- 4 (3/4- to 1-inch-thick) skinless white-fleshed fish fillets, such as Pacific cod or halibut (6 oz each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste (from a tube)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 seedless cucumber (usually plastic-wrapped)
- 8 oz shredded red cabbage (4 cups; from a 10-oz package)
- Accompaniment: pickled ginger (sushi ginger)
Prepare fish: Put oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 400°F. Line a shallow baking pan with foil.
- Pat fillets dry, then arrange in baking pan. Sprinkle salt all over fillets. Stir together wasabi paste and mayonnaise in a bowl, then spread tops of fillets with half of mayonnaise and sprinkle with half of panko. Turn fillets over and spread with remaining mayonnaise, then sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Bake until fish is just cooked through, 12 to 16 minutes, then broil 4 to 6 inches from heat until crumbs on top are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Make slaw while fish bakes: Stir together vinegar, sugar, mustard, and salt in a bowl until sugar is dissolved. Halve cucumber lengthwise, then thinly slice. Add to dressing along with cabbage and stir to coat. Serve slaw alongside fish.
image via http://www.healthypopulation.com
this recipe is from epicurious.com