In the summer of 2011, the Table Set GO event in Deal, New Jersey (sponsored by the Morris I. Franco Community Cancer Center) showcased the communities’ women’s striking table decor talents. Each table represented a unique Jewish holiday ‘s theme. The botanical holiday of Shavuot was displayed by Barbara Chehebar, Ruthie Bibi, and Adele Pardo. This table decor’s shades of blues and purples heralded the arrival of Shavuot’s custom of decorating one’s home, the synagogue and even the Torah scroll itself with greens and flowers in honor of the holiday. This custom of flowers and greens was based upon a statement in Midrash that the foot of Mount Sinai (where the Jews stood in awe, awaiting the granting of the Torah) was carpeted with greens and sweet smelling flowers.
To accent the Shavuot table’s floral decor and centerpiece, the girls used Kim Seybert napkin rings, geometric Pucci scarves, sky blue bordered china dinnerware, and sparkling crystal stemware. Delicate blue dotted quilted linens were the backdrop to this elaborate variety of sweet smelling Shavuot florals. Mini Torahs and two mountains of roses, represented the giving of the Torah at Mount Sinaii. Thank you ladies for all of your hard work, table setting ideas inspiration! I’m so glad that we have the photos to remember this stunning event!
- A Holiday Table That Connects Holocaust Survival To The Beauty of Shavuot (thejewishhostess.com)
- Announcing The Winners of the Shavuot Table Contest! (thejewishhostess.com)
- Shavuot Table Decor by the Sea – Emile and Linda Haddad (thejewishhostess.com)
- The Chicest Shavuos Table by Sara Fishman (thejewishhostess.com)
- A Healthy and Gorgeous Shavuot Buffet Lunch by Claudia Bildirici (thejewishhostess.com)