by Esther Mosseri
” Hi Marlene, this easy kosher Shepherd’s pie recipe is a great warm winter dish . All you need is a salad, and you have a complete meal!”
For more inspiration, check out the quick video above by Gordon Ramsay. Notice how he doesn’t measure, but adds a few more ingredients for extra flavor .Of course delete his cheese addition (!!!), but use the video as a reference for endless Shephard’s pie possibilities!
For an elegant look, serve in white ramekins lined up on a tray.
- 1 lb chop meat (or ground turkey)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 servings of mashed potato flakes prepared according to box
- salt and pepper
Directions for this Kosher Recipe
- saute the onions in a little oil until soft sprinkle with salt and pepper
- take out half and combine with potato mixture
- put chop meat in pan with onions and brown sprinkle with some allspice and a drop of cinnamon and salt and pepper
- the start layering in a sprayed pyrex, first with half of the potato mixture, then all of the meat then remaining potaotes
- sprinkle top with paprika and bake in 375 degree oven for 45 min uncovered
- Check out this meatless version HERE.