“Last week I started to take out my props to start setting my Shabbat table. For some reason I kept getting interrupted. First the phone kept ringing. Then the doorbell, then the plumber asking questions about everything except going to the moon! It was not meant for me to finish or let alone even start! At that point, a friend stopped by with her six year old daughter and she was the one who basically told me what she liked from my dishes and napkins, and the rest of the things that you see on my table!
So there you go, its so easy to make a table work if you play with accessories in your home. Even a six year old can do it. Just don’t be intimidated . There are no rules to follow. We used a double place mat. One is brown beads and the other is sea foam green mother of pearl. I found the dishes in home goods. What a score! They had service for 24! The napkin rings are coral beads by Kim Seybert, and my six year old friend insisted on the color napkin! It was fun to see that anything she wanted to use seemed to look fine!
I think next week I will call her again!” Shelly Antebi
Announcing a SUMMERY SHABBAT TABLE CONTEST!! CLICK HERE for more info!!
- Turquoise On Your Table (thejewishhostess.com)
- Shabbat Table of the Week (thejewishhostess.com)
- Healthy Shabbat Blueberry Crumble (thejewishhostess.com)
- Easy Napolean-This Week’s Shabbat Dessert (thejewishhostess.com)
- Sarah’s Shabbat Apricot Pistachio Chicken (thejewishhostess.com)
- Two Glamourous Shabbat Table Settings from Brooklyn, N.Y. (thejewishhostess.com)
- Table Setting Showcase Event: An Ocean Blue Shabbat Table by Eva Ben Dayan (thejewishhostess.com)
- Announcing a Summery Shabbat Table Contest! (thejewishhostess.com)