This instant ready dessert by Amy Atlas is a real after dinner dairy treat. Its also the perfect “chill and wrap” hostess gift that will be gobbled up by kids and adults alike.
Make sure you cut all of the squares evenly. I like to cut these peanut butter treats on the diagonal to form a diamond shape. Enjoy! Marlene
- Ready Time : 0 min
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 18 tablespoons unsalted butter or Earth Balance divided into 12 tablespoons melted and 6 tablespoons softened
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅜ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces good-quality semisweet chocolate such as Ghirardelli, finely chopped
- ⅜ cup heavy cream
1. In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, the 12 tablespoons of melted butter, and the granulated sugar and stir until the crumbs are thoroughly moistened. Firmly press into bottom of a 9- × 9-inch baking pan. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to help press the crust down.
2. In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the peanut butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, salt, and the 6 tablespoons of softened butter until completely combined. Spread over graham crust and smooth the top with an offset spatula. Chill until set, at least 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, heat the chocolate and cream in a medium microwave-safe bowl, stirring with a whisk every 30 seconds, until chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Pour the chocolate over the peanut butter filling and evenly spread with an offset spatula. Jiggle the pan to smooth out the chocolate. Chill until set, about 1 hour. Using a hot, wet knife, cut into 1-inch squares and arrange on a rimmed tray filled with multicolored candy.
Image Source: From SWEET DESIGNS by Amy Atlas. Copyright (C) 2012 Amy Atlas and The Stonesong Press, LLC. Photography by Johnny Miller. Published by Hyperion. Available wherever books are sold. All RIghts Reserved.
Recipe Source: From SWEET DESIGNS by Amy Atlas. Copyright (C) 2012 Amy Atlas and The Stonesong Press, LLC. Published by Hyperion. Available wherever books are sold. All Rights Reserved.