Try this “healthier” version of french fries. The fresh basil is a nice surprise on the crispy sweet potatoes. This is a delicious side dish for a dairy or meat meal, but don’t expect any leftovers. I would make these fresh out of the oven on Sukkot with cruchy salads salads and some sreaming barbeque or fish as a main dish!
Kosher Recipe Ingredients:
- 5 sweet potatoes, cut into about 1 by 5-inch “fries”
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the sweet potato “fries” on a foil-lined baking sheet and toss with the olive oil. Bake until crisp, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the basil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- When the sweet potato fries come out of the oven, sprinkle with the “basil salt.”
Recipe courtesy of Giada de Laurentiis