You don’t have to risk a $75 parking ticket just to run in to get your Frogurt, Tasti, or Pinkberry. This dairy-free frozen treat is homemade , 100 percent fruit, and practically free. Chopped nuts add crunch and protein to this creamy snack. Artificial afternoon treats melt in comparison to this “banana fro-yo” adapted from one of our favorite sites, Skinny In The City.
Total Prep Time: 2-3 hours (freezing bananas)
Total Cook Time: 5-7 minutes
* 2 small sized frozen bananas (approx 6”), peeled and cut into chunks
* ½ oz (1/8th cup or 12 almonds) raw almonds, chopped
1. Cut bananas into chunks and place in freezer until frozen (approximately 2 to 3 hours.)
2. Take the bananas and put them in your food processor.
3. Turn the processor on and let it run for about five to seven minutes, stopping every now and then to scrape it down. (The bananas should get increasingly light, fluffy, and smooth, resembling a creamy bowl of soft serve.)
4. Scoop them into a bowl, sprinkle ½ oz chopped raw almonds on top and enjoy!
*For an extra treat drizzle one half teaspoon chocolate syrup on top!
Per Serving with Almonds (approx 1 cup): 262 calories, 7.5g fat, 49g carb, 7g fiber, 5g protein, 2mg sodium, 45g calcium, 826mg potassium
Per Serving without Almonds (approx 1 cup): 180 calories, .5g fat, 46g carb, 5g fiber, 2g protein, 2mg sodium, 10mg calcium, 732mg potassium