by @rsutton on The Jewish Hostess Instagram feed. Thanks Robyn!
This soup presentation will show that you really put a lot of effort into serving your family a warm cup of cozy vitamin packed soup that they will SO appreciate after a hard day at school and work. And even though you probably hard just as hard of a day, I really feel that that is what being a Jewish mom is all about. Somehow we have to manage how to be there for our families while we get our own act together. whether it be changing diapers or packing a hard day at the office or both!
Here’s to you! The Jewish Hostess!
Winter Pumpkin Soup in a Scooped Pumpkin Bowl
Sauté in a stock pot:
- 1 chopped onion,
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 carrots
- 2 packages of cubed butternut squash
- 1 cubed sweet potato
- slice off corn from one cob
- Add water to cover, salt and pepper, and the cob that was sheared (for flavor)
- Cook about half hour, emulsify leaving some chunks.
- Can serve in scooped out pumpkin or acorn squash or a plain old soup bowl.